Saturday 9: Volare
Good morning, you fine folks! I meant to do this last (Friday) night, but I'm still sick as a dog (pneumonia, bronchiectasis) and just didn't have the energy to do it. So here I am, opening S9 this morning, and now somehow I've found myself - from it - deeply down a rabbit hole of protest songs, both famous and not, by artists both famous and not (and this is coming from me; what do I know?!). So that's where half my head is, as I proceed with this interview. I'm guessing many of you are not doing the same; I'm hoping the rest of you are well! This week, Crazy Sam's got us jamming to Bobby Rydell's version of "Volare," which is a fun one to sing along to! If you're joining us this week, make sure to join up here ! Let's have at it, then. ~*~*~*~*~ Saturday 9: Volare (1960) Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here. 1) The word "volare" is Italian for "to fly." Say something else in Italian. 2) This week, ...
Comments
Post a Comment
I'd be so happy if you left me a note!